Natural Language Processing, Data Visualisation, Machine Learning
Relevant Work Experience
- NLP Data Scientist / Research Manager at Knowliah
Creating Natural Language Processing pipelines and microservices for the document and knowledge management software that we develop in-house: named entity recognition, topic modelling, auto-summarisation, search query expansion, etc.
Managing the applied research projects to improve our products: document classification, terminology management, legal contracts, electronic patient files.
Creating project proposals for grant applications and maintaining the relations with our academic partners.
- Research assistant Linguistics (B.A.P.), KU Leuven (Leuven, Belgium).
- PhD in Computational Linguistics (KU Leuven).
Keywords: distributional semantics, visual analytics, corpus linguistics
- Blockchain Developer and Architect @home (Howest, Bruges).
Covered subjects: Blockchain architecture, Smart contracts (Solidity), Hyperledger, cryptography, IoT and IT law. (Completed 2 out of 3 semesters, on hold.)
- Selected courses in computer science, statistics and experimental psychology (Ghent University).
- MA of Advanced Studies in Linguistics: Interdisciplinary Linguistics
Interuniversity consecutive master (ManaMa) focused on Computational Linguistics (Universities of Antwerp, Brussels, Ghent and Leuven). Internship at the VUB AI Lab, (Free University of Brussels).
- MA English Linguistics and Literature (Ghent University).
Research stay at the University of the Western Cape, South Africa (summer 2008).
- BA Dutch and English Linguistics and Literature (Ghent University).
Erasmus exchange, King’s College London (first semester 2007-2008).
- Machine learning incl. linear and logistic regression, deep learning (TensorFlow), kernel methods, probabilistic modelling, clustering and dimension reduction.
- Data visualisation in D3.js, R (ggplot2, lattice, shiny), Processing(.js), Tableau.
- Microservices, REST, Docker, Git.
- Dutch: mother tongue
- English: near-native skills
- French: good reading, speaking and writing
- German: good reading, speaking and writing
- Italian: good understanding and reading, moderate speaking and writing
Currently living in the Ghent metropolitan area, Belgium